Hello beautiful people, so this is August already. Is 2017 on a roll or what? By the way, How are your goals going? Are you still on track? Have you made necessary adjustments to your action plan?
I want to share a few goals I made this year and how far I’ve come. I know this is more of a halfway through the year post but better late than never😎
On blogging: I decided to take my blog more seriously this year and I think I’ve tried. My 2017 blogging goals are centred on interaction and improving content.
My blogging goals:
2. Attend a bloggers event: My mind is still set on this. I’m targeting the end of the year.
3. Have a schedule/post more regularly: I don’t have a regular schedule yet but I have more content than last year. I decided to focus on posting at least once a week.
4. Do a one month blog challenge: I did this in March and it was fun, stressful…. but fun. Check out my march blog challenge here.
1. Save at least 30% of my monthly income😅: I don’t know what I was thinking when I set this goal…. like 30% of nothing is NOTHING. So far, it hasn’t worked out AT ALL.
On the plus side, in June, I set up an account with piggybankng. It’s pretty easy, you set up an account, state your savings goal and set an amount to be deducted from your account daily, weekly or monthly. Check out their website here. It’s super convenient and it sort of forces you to save. I had to readjust my savings plan and now it’s going well.
2. Making a budget and strictly following it: The problem I have with this is unexpected expenses. The budget seems to be going well for sometime until something happens and BAM! the whole budget just flies out of the window😩.
On reading: This is going pretty well, I have to share my favorite books this year with you guys (story for another blogpost).
1. I set a goal of reading 50 new books this year. Check out my goodreads page. I’m so happy I’ve surpassed this goal.
2. I set the goal of reading a bit every day. So far, this has gone well and I’ve only missed few days.
1. Journaling: I decided to keep a journal this year and this is going great😆. Now, I have 3: a bullet journal, bible study journal and a blog planner (This is a journal…yes? ).
Journaling has helped me in tracking and monitoring my goals, planning and documenting my achievements. I also write down things I need to improve on and my action plan. Seriously, you guys need to start journaling, it’s amazing.
These are some of my 2017 goals and how far I’ve come. Not bad….yes? How are your goals coming along? Have you adjusted some plans along the way? Please share in the comments.
Until next time💋💕