Hello beautiful people, it’s been such a long time. This blogpost has been sitting in my drafts for the longest time, I decided to share it today. Enjoy.
For a while now, I realized that I have uncommon or unpopular food opinions. I’m not one of those picky eaters, I can eat pretty much anything but that doesn’t mean I like it. I want to share some of my opinions about certain popular and well-liked foods.
Disclaimer: This is an opinionated piece. I might express strong opinions about something you love but at the end we’re still friends🙇.
1. Mangoes are 😷, I don’t know the adjective to qualify mangoes. Let me just say, I don’t know how people enjoy mangoes. They taste TERRIBLE. I’ve eaten different species of mango but I still don’t like it.
2. Turkey >>> Chicken. Yes, you read that right. I don’t like chicken at all especially when it is boiled. I prefer turkey, fish, beef, even goat meat.
3. Strawberries have a terrible taste. I don’t know how something that looks so beautiful with a lovely smell can taste so sour.
4. Doughnuts taste like struggle. For someone who loves puff puff, I cannot stand doughnuts.
5. Cucumbers are a form of torture. That’s all. No further explanation required.
6. I don’t understand okra soup. The only okra soup I like is the one cooked plain, and eaten with stew. I don’t like all those okra soups with serenren; e.g. ila asepo, seafood okra etc.
7. Pounded yam is overrated. Yes, I said it😑
8. You know native jollof rice, that one cooked with palm oil, the taste is terrible. I don’t like it AT all.
9. Plantain is overrated. Especially fried plantain (dodo). Yes, I said it.
10. Bananas and cashews are on my worst fruits of all time list.
11. Chocolate is 😷. Yes, I said it. I don’t like anything chocolate flavoured (Except chocolate chip cookies).
12. Milk drinks are HORRIBLE. If you’re Nigerian, you should know the Viju and Nutrimilk brands. Till now, I don’t know how people manage to drink them.
13. Apple drinks taste like suffering. I can’t stand them. I like apples though, it’s just apple flavoured drinks that I can’t tolerate.
Again, these are my opinions(albeit strongly expressed) and I realize that others might feel differently about some of the things I mentioned.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Do we share some opinions? Which of them do you disagree with?